Covid-19 has turned lives upside down, creating great uncertainty and difficulty in personal lives and for the region’s businesses and nonprofit organizations. To aid you in seeking assistance due to impacts of COVID-19, we’ve compiled links to federal financial assistance and applications, foundation support, general news and interpretations of the programs available.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act & Main Street Loan program
- COVID-19: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- The Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act
- Council of Nonprofits Guide to the CARES Act
- Chart Comparison of Small Business Association Relief Programs
- Federal Reserve Announces Main Street Loan Program and Other Support
Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Small Business Administration Fact Sheet - Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Application Form
Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Overview
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Information Sheet for Borrowers
- Paycheck Protection Program Application Form
Help Interpreting Assistance Programs
- Choosing Between Paycheck Loan or Tax Credit — You Can't Have them Both
- Understanding New COVID-19 Paid Leave Rule
- Support for Forest Industry and Others by Innovative Natural Resource Solutions, LLC.
- Legal Firm Summary and Q&A on CARES Act
- Your bank may be helpful regarding the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Your accountant may be helpful regarding the Employee Retention (Tax) Credit, and in evaluating the benefits of the Paycheck program vs. the Employee Retention Credit.
Foundation Support for Nonprofit Organizations Responding to COVID-19
- New Hampshire Community Foundation
- New England Grassroots Environment Fund
- Maine Community Foundation
- Vermont Community Foundation
- Adirondack Foundation
- Mobilize Katahdin
- Northeast Kingdom of Vermont COVID-19 Resource List
- Northeast Kingdom of Vermont COVID-19 Support