- Category: Automated Wood Heat
The Northern Forest Center has supported the installation of almost a dozen pellet boilers in all four states of the Northern Forest this year. Automated wood heat efficiently uses local and regional wood pellets that are delivered right to your house or building in convenient bulk delivery.
- Category: Wood Products Innovation
Local, Renewable Wood Products
From New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine
Northern Forest woodworkers leverage the region’s natural resources to create beautiful, useful, fun and durable products. Each business listed here demonstrates quality craftsmanship and devotion to this region’s economy.
Tables, Chairs, Desks, Dressers, Sideboards, Beds, Chests, Cabinets, etc
• Vermont farm table: Burlington, VT www.vermontfarmtable.com
• Shackleton-Thomas: Bridgewater, VT www.shackletonthomas.com
• Vermont Folk Rocker: Starksboro, VT www.vermontfolkrocker.com
• Clearlake Furniture: Ludlow, VT www.clearlakefurniture.com
• Vermont Wood Studios: Vernon, VT www.vermontwoodsstudios.com
• Pompanoosuc Mills: Hanover, NH www.pompy.com
• John Gillis Cabinetry: Tupper Lake, NY www.adirondackcabinetmaker.com
• Hale Bookcases Direct: Frankfort, NY www.halebookcasesdirect.com
• Telescope Casual Directors Chairs: Granville, NY www.telescopecasual.com/collection/WF
• Manchester Wood: Granville, NY www.manchesterwood.com
• Thos. Moser Cabinetmaker: Auburn, ME www.thosmoser.com
• Skowhegan Wooden Rule: Skowhegan, ME www.skowheganwoodenrule.com
Coasters, Picture & Art Frames, Ornaments, Bread Boxes, Spice Racks, Wine Racks, Pot Racks, Lazy Susans, Baskets, Carved Artwork, Rocking Chairs, etc.
• Timeless Frames: Watertown, NY www.timelessframes.com
• Maple Landmark Woodcraft: Middleburry, VT www.maplelandmark.com
• Peterboro Basket Co.: Peterborough, NH www.peterborobasket.com
Kitchen & Cooking:
Utensils, Cutting Boards, Salt & Pepper Mills, Serving Bowls, Rolling Pins, Wine Stoppers, Knife Blocks, Travel Mugs, Planks, etc.
• Vermont Butcher Block and Board: Williston, VT www.vermontbutcherblock.com
• JK Adams: Dorset, VT www.jkadams.com
•WildWood Vermont: Hinesburg, VT www.wildwoodvermont.com
• Andrew Pearce Bowls: Hartland, VT www.andrewpearcebowls.com
• Fletchers' Mill: New Vineyard, ME www.fletchersmill.com
• New Hampshire Bowl and Board: Webster, NH www.newhampshirebowlandboard.com
• Mystic Woodworks: Warren, ME www.mysticwoodworks.com/shop
• Maine Grilling Woods: Searsmont, ME www.mainegrillingwoods.com
Canoes & Kayaks, Paddles, Balance Boards, etc.
• Vew-Do Balance Boards: Manchester Center, VT www.vewdo.com
• Hornbeck Boats: Olmstedville, NY www.hornbeckboats.com
• Mitchell Paddles: Canaan, NH www.mitchellpaddles.com
• Pride Manufacturing: Burnham, ME www.pridemfg.com
- Category: Wood Products Innovation
The Northern Forest Center will support Maine Made Furniture’s effort to develop a comprehensive brand strategy for the high-quality furniture manufacturer in Wilton, ME. Maine Made Furniture employs 10 people in advanced wood products manufacturing, and tries to source their wood within the Northern Forest where possible. The Center worked with Maine Made Furniture to layout their plant for efficiency and reduce waste on a previous project. The company has focused on the foundation of lean operations, and is now ready to focus their energy on effective marketing to boost sales. Maine Made Furniture will leverage the Center’s $15,000 contribution towards the total cost of the project. Read more on our Wood Products Innovation program.
- Category: Program Updates
Read about how we work with supporters and partners to create Community Forests, advance modern wood heat, bring innovation to the traditional wood products manufacturing industry, and build better jobs in tourism across the four-state region.
In addition to stories and data about our program impact, the report also includes a map showing where our programs touch down across the Northern Forest.
Download the 2016 Annual Report!