Invest Today — Create Tomorrow
When you invest in the Center, you are helping to build community and a stronger economy based on the sustainable use of the Northern Forest’s natural resources.
Planning and investing today empowers future generations to carry out your vision and abide by your intentions. Your foresight and contribution to the long-term success of the Center’s mission will leave a lasting legacy. At the same time, you inspire others to do the same today.
Explore the type of gift that best suits you, the goals you want to achieve and the legacy you wish to create.
Stock or Securities
The Center welcomes gifts of stock or securities. Gifts of stock or securities may be made annually or as part of your estate plan.
Please contact us to ensure proper transfer and crediting of your donation. Our contact information is at right or at the bottom of the page, depending on how you are viewing our website.
Donations of publicly traded securities, including stocks, may be made by electronic transfer to the Center’s TD Ameritrade online brokerage account. Please provide the following information to your broker:
TD Ameritrade - The Center’s TD Ameritrade account number is 863815291 Routing #: DTC #0188
Thank you for considering a gift of stock or securities. If you need any assistance making a gift of stock, please contact Lila Thorne at 603-933-2159.
Donor Advised Funds
A donor advised fund is a type of giving program that allows you to designate the Center as a recipient of annual distributions from the fund. These giving funds combine favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support the Northern Forest Center. Please contact us for more information (our contact information is at right or at the bottom of the page, depending on how you are viewing our website).
Leave a Lasting Legacy
Gift planning can align your financial goals to support the Northern Forest Center.
Which type of gift is right for you?
- Bequests – Simply name the Northern Forest Center in your will or trust. Bequests are a popular way to make a future gift.
- Beneficiary Designations – Designating “The Northern Forest Center, Inc.” as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, life insurance policy, checking or savings account is the simplest planned gift. There is no charge to make a beneficiary designation, and you can save your estate from onerous taxes.
- Charitable Gift Annuities – A simple, contractual agreement between you and the Center in which you make a gift in exchange for our promise to make payments of a fixed amount to you for life.
- Charitable Reminder Trust – You can irrevocably transfer money, securities, or other assets to a trust that will then pay you (or another beneficiary) an income for life or for a period of years. At the death of the surviving beneficiary or at the end of a term of years, the remaining principal in the trust goes to support the Northern Forest Center.
- Charitable Lead Trust – This type of trust allows you to provide an inheritance to your children and make a significant charitable gift through your estate. Typically, income from the trust flows to the Northern Forest Center for a stated number of years, after which the assets in the trust are distributed to your heirs.
- Endowment Gift – While the Center's priority is to secure unrestricted funds to support immediate program needs, you may designate a gift to build the Center’s endowment fund during your lifetime or as part of your estate plan. Gifts to the Center of $25,000 or more may be designated to The Northern Forest Fund at the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation or you may request your gift be used to establish a similar fund at a Maine, Vermont or New York community foundation to support the Center’s mission.